For over a century, charitable reuse and recycling enterprises have pioneered circular economy thinking.
In particular, these principles are best observed in the operations of charity and social enterprise retailers.
It’s their collection, repurposing and sale of donated goods that fuels Australia’s second-hand economy. As our country’s largest reuse network, Charitable Recycling Australia represents many of these charitable reuse and recycling enterprises.
We believe they are uniquely placed to elevate circular economy thinking and drive its uptake in Australia.
On behalf of our members, partners and supporters Charitable Recycling Australia:
- helps charity and social enterprise retailers grow their revenue, so they can funnel their profits into their charitable mission and purpose
- shows charity and social enterprise retailers how to improve their operations from a sustainability perspective
- advocates for increased government funding to mitigate the financial burden of illegal dumping and the associated costs of waste disposal and site management
- educates consumers on how to donate responsibly and why shopping at charity and social enterprise retailers is affordable, sustainable and ethical
- builds a business case for increased government investment in recycling innovation on a regional level