Charitable Recycling Austalia’s commends the Government on launching its inquiry into Australia’s Waste Management and Recycling Industries.
In particular, its focus on innovative solutions to ensure Australia responds to global recycling market changes and identifies ways to effectively reduce waste, and accelerate reuse, repair and recycling while creating new jobs, growth and social inclusion.
Charitable Recycling Austalia is committed to supporting and partnering with the Government in accelerating innovative solutions, with specific emphasis on our area of influence and authority, and has lodged this submission.
Charitable Recycling Austalia’s submission has been approved for publication by the Government, and is also available live on the Inquiry website.
Charitable Recycling Austalia’s 3-Point Plan to tackle Illegal Dumping at Charities
Charitable Recycling Austalia is calling on all Australian governments to invest just $10 for every tonne of illegally dumped and unusable donations that charities have to send to landfill each year. With that investment from each State Government matched by the Federal Government, we can end dumping at charities through three proven interventions. Please see Charitable Recycling Austalia’s policy position and 3-Point Plan here.
- AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT : Department of the Environment and Energy – National Waste Policy
- AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT : Department of the Environment and Energy Website
- AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT : Department of the Environment and Energy – Waste and Resource Recovery
- AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT – Government announces $190m plan to divert 10m tonnes of waste from landfill
- AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT – National Product Stewardship Investment Fund
- AUSTRALIAN RESEARCH COUNCIL – $18 million hub to drive recycling innovation